Citizen’s Basic Income Network Scotland is a charity campaigning for a basic income in Scotland. We support a network of basic income advocates – providing training and a platform for discussion. We lend our expertise to government and share the stories of people who would benefit from a basic income.
We are an entirely volunteer-run organisation, all united behind the goal of bringing a basic income to Scotland. We are currently looking for a social media volunteer to join our team
The Volunteer Social Media Coordinator role is a brand new position within our growing team. One of our key strategic aims moving forward is to increase our online presence and ensure we are always at the heart of the online discussion surrounding a basic income in Scotland.
Our social media strategy is based on the following areas:
- Promotion of key CBINS organisational messages. These include the following: encouraging volunteers to join the network; encouraging people to sign up to a CBINS mailing list and write for the blog; and promotion of CBINS events when they occur.
- Sharing new and existing articles from the CBINS blog.
- Sharing news stories and other articles published on other websites that are relevant to the Basic Income movement in Scotland.
Our social media coordinator will be responsible for engaging with CBINS’ friends and followers online, while providing online message consistency for the organisation.
This role is ideal for anyone looking to gain experience in contributing to and delivering a social media campaign. You will receive support and training from other CBINS team members who have professional experience of marketing. You will learn about developing social media marketing strategies and content.
Role and responsibilities:
- Construct social media posts with guidance from other CBINS team members. This may include sharing relevant articles and ideas from other organisations and promoting CBINS events and workshops.
- Monitor the CBINS Facebook and Twitter accounts in order to respond effectively to followers, influencers and trends. This may include sharing relevant content, replying to comments or feeding back breaking news and trending topics to the rest of the team.
- Support CBINS fundraising through the promotion of effective Calls-to-Action on social media.
- Provide brand and message consistency across all social media platforms.
- Use Hootsuite to schedule important messages in advance of their publication.
- Ensure all social media posts are visually appealing with relevant and legally-sourced photos or designed graphics.
- Coordinate with the website editor to ensure all blog articles are promoted effectively.
- Live tweet CBINS workshops and events.
Skills and knowledge:
- Self-motivated with the ability to act on own initiative.
- A team player who can work with others to achieve common goals.
- An interest in basic income and joining the CBINS team of volunteers, aiming to bring a basic income to Scotland
- An understanding of social media, particularly Facebook and Twitter.
- Knowledge of Hootsuite or other social media scheduling tools an advantage.
- An understanding of the importance of promoting basic income in a way that corresponds with the mission and ideals of CBINS.
Without volunteer contributions CBINS would not exist. In exchange for volunteers’ time we provide opportunities for professional development. Let us know what you hope to gain from this role and we will do our best to help you achieve it.
If you are interested in becoming the Volunteer Social Media Coordinator for CBINS email us on email@example.com with a bit of information about yourself.